Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hopefully, versus a Slayer [Lance/Heidi]
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Aug 24 2017, 05:42 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
Heidi wasn't really doing much, no, she was just doing a little bit of sparring. Alone. And it felt as stupid and useless as she thought it would. Not only that, she was getting tired and bored just swinging a fake sword around with literally nobody to smack around! "Shadow sparring... I can't believe I thought it'd be fun!"

With a frustrated yell she tried to smash the sword across the ground, only succeeding in feeling the impact painfully shoot through her entire body. "Yup, yup, definitely not the greatest idea..." She sighed and turned, preparing to, she didn't know, go back to her room and sulk? That didn't sound like a bad idea anyway.

Thankfully, she didn't have to sulk for when she turned, right then and there was a Slayer! One of the guy Slayers that, honestly, didn't look too tough, but that didn't mean anything when you were a Slayer! A smile instantly spung to her face and she rushed over, her current soreness and tired body forgotten for now. "Oh god, it must be my lucky day! You gotta spar with me, Slayers are the best at sparring, aren't they? I mean, you should know." She paused for a moment, just to catch her breath, then got a better look at the guy. "Wait, are you hurt? It can't be that bad, I think. You can probably still spar." She honestly couldn't tell too well actually, if the injury was bad or not, but Slayers were tough, she probably didn't need to!

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Aug 24 2017, 09:51 PM
Played by Allice · 23 years · Drakonrhedi · Vanguard
He's doing his best
Lance was heading out on a stroll to just take some time to himself. He had just gotten out of the medic bay from his check up. His leg was doing better but still the medics insisted that he still take it easy for another week. He wasn’t really one to argue about that. The tooth of the behemoth ripped his leg real good. He was very lucky that the creature didn’t take it off for a snack. He wasn’t sure how good he would be with a prothesis. He counted his lucky stars. Lance knew that sometime he’ll get bad luck to balance that out.

He stopped as he saw a woman rushed towards him. Lance blinked in surprise, staring at the excited woman. He glanced around the room. Nope, he was the only Slayer present. So she really was talking to him. “Uh…sorry, I really shouldn’t spar. S-see, I almost lost my leg to a Titanothian so it’s best if I don’t use it too roughly. Um…maybe later?” He offered, not wanting to be impolite. He wasn’t used to random people asking him to spare. Sure, the people who were in his flight sometimes asked to spare with him. But someone he didn’t know? Someone who wasn’t another Slayer? Odd. Oh, he hadn’t introduced himself! “I’m Lance, by the way. Lance Temple. So uh…whenever I am able to spar, you can find me or something.” He gave her an awkward smile. Hopefully she won’t push him to spar.

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Aug 25 2017, 10:47 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“Uh…sorry, I really shouldn’t spar. S-see, I almost lost my leg to a Titanothian so it’s best if I don’t use it too roughly. Um…maybe later?”

"Oh come on! I'm a Medic! If anything goes real wrong I'll know!" Heidi rushed away for a second, completely ignoring the man's very reasonable refusal, and grabbed a second false sword someone left on deck. She threw it at the man, almost forcing him to catch it. "But if you're so scared anyway, why don't you stand still and I just try to hit you? I'm a Medic and you're a Slayer, even injured you're supposed to be way tougher than me! And you won't have to move your leg, it's perfect!" Plus, and she didn't say this part out loud, maybe she'd like to be the tougher fighter in a spar, just this once.

“I’m Lance, by the way. Lance Temple. So uh…whenever I am able to spar, you can find me or something.”

"And I'm Heidi, ready to spar right now!" She suddenly pulled her arm back, completely intending to swipe at Lance with her own sword, but also opening herself completely. Hey, if she hit him fast enough it wouldn't even matter if she's open!

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Aug 25 2017, 10:57 PM
He's doing his best
“You are?” She was a Medic? She didn’t really seem like it, with how set she was on sparring. She seemed much more like a Warden. He blinked and easily caught the sword in his left hand so it wouldn’t hit him. He gave her a confused look. “Why would I be scared? I just don’t want to spend more time than necessary for my wound to heal. You’re a Medic, right? Shouldn’t you be encouraging me to rest instead of chancing making my condition worse?” He was so confused right now. Was this really happening right now? Apparently, yes it was. Great.

Lance really didn’t want to spare. So, he was intent on quickly disarming her. Luckily she left herself wide open for such a thing. Swiftly, he aimed to knock the practice blade out of her hands. He was stronger than he looked. “You should never leave yourself open. The moment you start assuming you’re better than your enemy in any way is the moment you’ve lost the battle.” He advised, pointing the sword to the ground next to him. “And I thought I told you I didn’t want to spar.” He murmured, holding back a sigh. Even if he stood still, pressure could still be applied to his injured leg. Specifically his muscles would naturally tense and might break the stitches.

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Aug 28 2017, 08:19 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“Why would I be scared? I just don’t want to spend more time than necessary for my wound to heal. You’re a Medic, right? Shouldn’t you be encouraging me to rest instead of chancing making my condition worse?”

"Yeah, I'm a Medic, but I'm also a fun Medic! Seriously, I can have fun and do the the boring, 'your wound is now bleeding, time to sit down'." At her imitation of a Medic, Heidi put on a glassy eyed stare and robotic voice, clearly showing how she thought of Medics.

“You should never leave yourself open. The moment you start assuming you’re better than your enemy in any way is the moment you’ve lost the battle. And I thought I told you I didn’t want to spar.”

Heidi stumbled, knocked of her balance as soon as the practice blade left her hands. However, thankfully, she caught herself before she fell or something, that'd make her look like a weakling! Her balance back, Heidi clapped her hands together, still smiling. "See? You Slayers are awesome, even when hurt! But, really, I thought you guys would be way different! Aren't you Slayers a bit weird in the head, or just love fighting? I would have definitely loved fighting if I got to be a Slayer!"

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Aug 28 2017, 10:35 PM
He's doing his best
“…um…” He was a little stunned by this woman. Did…did she not want to be a medic? It seemed like it. Then why did she choose to be one in the first place? He didn’t want to be rude and blatantly say something about that. What should he even say to that? In his opinion, he would rather have a ‘not fun’ Medic that didn’t try to make his wound worse than a so called ‘fun’ one. Clearly, their definitions didn’t line up. He was truly struggling here.

“And I thought Medics were supposed to listen to their patients. Apparently not.” Lance sighed and held out the blade for Heidi to take back. “I am crazy but only when I’m in a life or death scenario. Right now, I just want to sketch, not spar.” He had a slight lamentation to his tone but he was really trying to be patient. It was difficult. He didn’t have a lot of time to perform his art and he had two very important projects to get to. He didn’t want to waste time humoring a Medic in a way that might make his healing more difficult. But he also didn’t want to be rude! How did he get himself out of this situation? He couldn’t lie, he was shit at that. He could try to disinterest her. It seemed to be heading that way anyway. "Please, go ask another Slayer to spar with. Preferably one that isn't injured."

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Aug 30 2017, 01:57 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“And I thought Medics were supposed to listen to their patients. Apparently not.”

"Alright, alright, maybe I deserved that. It's just super easy to see you guys as, like, superhuman. You kill behemoths, you know?" And, of course there was the fact Heidi herself wanted to be a Slayer, and thus, wanted Slayers to be as awesome as possibe to justify that.

“I am crazy but only when I’m in a life or death scenario. Right now, I just want to sketch, not spar. Please, go ask another Slayer to spar with. Preferably one that isn't injured."

Heidi crossed her arms, looking a bit smug. "So you guys are a little nuts! So I'm at least partially right. But, wait, you sketch? Man, you are so different than what I thought." Slayers that sketched and weren't bloodthirsty! What's next, a Warden who specialized? She shrugged, just before a great idea popped into her head. She pointed at Lance, eyes bright. "You gotta show me a sketch! You owe me since you can't spar!" Heidi rushed around Lance, looking to see if he had a sketchbook clipped to his belt or something similar. She didn't even know what she was expecting, really bad art, or extremely good art, either way it'd be entertaining.

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Aug 31 2017, 12:38 AM
He's doing his best
“Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t.” Lance replied simply with a quote. He had no idea why she thought so incredibly highly of him. He also didn’t really know what exactly she expected him to be. The list so far was: superhuman, insane and didn’t care for his own wellbeing, and not an artist. So it was no wonder he baffled her a bit. That expectation wasn’t even close to who he was. Outside of battle, he was so different. He wasn’t sure he felt comfortable with a medic thinking he was invincible or above human standards. That might lead to some overlooked injuries and who knows what else? He was just as much human as the rest of them. He was just simply lucky.

He jolted slightly as she bolted up to him and he backed away. “H-hey, personal space!” He hated it when people just tried looking over his shoulder or invaded his personal space without warning. He shifted and reached into his art bag, taking out his sketchbook. He felt he didn’t owe her anything at all but it couldn’t hurt to show his art, right? Lance opened his book and flipped open to the detailed sketch he did of Sonnet, his Copper dragon. He had skillfully sketched his dragon in a defensive and protective pose. He kept the sketchbook in his hands, only showing the sketch to her without handing it over. “There.”

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Sep 2 2017, 07:07 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t.”

"I'm really not sure what you said, but I'm assuming it's something about the fact I thought Slayers were different. I can tell that at least!" Unfortunately Heidi didn't really get most quotes, they mostly just flew over her head so she just was used to ignoring them and moving on. However, this guy have probably actually seen this quote someplace for smart people, considering how he was so different he was from how she thought he would, so she at least acknowledged it.

“There.”

Heidi held out her hands as if to accept the sketchbook, only dropping her hands after a few seconds. "Well I did say just to see your sketches, so I count this as fair." She instead leaned forward, eyes gradually widening in surprise. "What the hell? This is really good! Isn't that a Copper? Did you have to get him to pose or something?" She briefly reached towards the sketchbook, as if she was going to take it anyway, before straightening out, looking a tad annoyed. "You know man, I really want to take that sketchbook to look through it all, but then I'd almost feel bad 'cause you actually let me see a picture even though I almost smacked you upside the head. It is not a fun feeling." She shook her head, and might as well have shook away her annoyance for now, replacing it back with her general demeanor. "So do you only get to draw Coppers or do you draw other dragons? Because I got a lazy bastard of a dragon that never gets to do anything exciting, might as well do something useful with him around!"

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Sep 2 2017, 10:25 PM
He's doing his best
“Oh well it’s-uh…know what? Never mind.” Lance didn’t want to be blankly stared at by explaining how much he was into Shakespeare. Not today. It was a shame, really. She didn’t seem versed in Shakespeare at all. That was disappointing. To be fair, it was very old literature. Though against that, it was important and wonderful literature. Oh well, at least he did make a friend(?) in Cedric who knew a lot.

“T-thank you.” Lance smiled a little bashfully at the compliment. He really wasn’t used to those. “Yes, he’s my Copper. His name’s Sonnet and I managed to get him to pose for me. Though he’s incredibly restless and had to be bribed into sitting still for that long.” Lance pulled his sketchbook back as he noticed her reaching for it. “No, just…sorry. I…I’m…my sketchbook is precious to me. I don’t really let people hold it usually.” Unless I feel like I can trust the person not to damage it. He finished with his thoughts. Lance was a man who relied on his instincts. His feelings about others were typically spot on even if he thought they were wrong at times. So he didn’t feel comfortable with giving Heidi his sketchbook. Even if she didn’t mean to, he had a small feeling that she’d tear a page or two on accident. He didn't want to risk that.

“I draw all sorts of things, not just dragons. Um…” Lance closed his sketchbook and returned it to his art bag. “Is…that you asking me to sketch him for you?” He asked with a curious blink. That was an interesting way to ask if that was her asking. It was also another request in a short time. First Cedric’s and now possibly Heidi’s. Maybe…maybe Cedric was right. Maybe he really should start putting himself out there. Art was his way of expressing his emotions and calming himself.

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Sep 4 2017, 11:54 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
"Yes, he’s my Copper. His name’s Sonnet and I managed to get him to pose for me. Though he’s incredibly restless and had to be bribed into sitting still for that long.”

Heidi stared blankly for a second, before bursting out laughing. "Wow! My dragon is so different from yours! Like, mine just sits there looking stoic and getting annoyed when I mess around. Yours sounds like your kid!" She wondered for a second if she would have preferred Country being more energetic. Surprisingly, not really, it would just be real creepy when Country have been with her for literally years.

“No, just…sorry. I…I’m…my sketchbook is precious to me. I don’t really let people hold it usually.”

Heidi held up her hands as if telling him to stop, "It's actually okay, guy. Seriously, if I could draw I'd punch out anyone who touched my stuff. Hell, I still would probably do that if anyone messed with any of my supplies." At least she hoped she'd get to do something so cool, people here were sometimes so damnable polite and careful. Seriously, mess with some of her pranks or medical supplies, let her at least try throwing a punch!

“I draw all sorts of things, not just dragons. Um… Is…that you asking me to sketch him for you?”

"Duh! It's not that hard to tell! I just think it'll be cool, Country's pretty awesome looking, considering he's huge. So he may be boring, but he'll look good in a painting or sketch or whatever!" Heidi waved her hands throughout this talk, as if trying to emphasis points and not doing a good job at it. "So what about you come draw Country later? If not I'll go find you, I do know your name, you know."

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Sep 5 2017, 03:28 PM
He's doing his best
“Ah, well…less like a kid and more…like what you thought I would be more like. Battle hungry, I mean.” He clarified. He wouldn’t ever describe Sonnet as his kid. His dragon was more a good friend than a child to him. Sonnet would probably get along with Heidi now that he thought about it.

Lance’s words died in his throat as she held up her hands. He didn’t know if he would hurt someone just for being rude. He saved his energy for more important things. Though he could definitely see her doing that. It was if she had so much energy that she nearly needed to be like this to not explode with the energy she possessed. Lance obviously didn’t have that problem. He really didn’t know what to say here though. What could he even say? Agree with that? Disagree? Socializing was confusing. Sometimes he wished he could only speak through his art.

Oh…kay then? He felt he had to ask anyway because she was so…bombastic? Loud? Confusing? All of those at once to the point in which he was just left dumbfounded by the woman. They were such opposites, that was painfully obvious. He felt very out of his element just talking to Heidi. He didn’t like it but he was too polite to straight up leave or ask her to stop doing those confusing hand gestures. They definitely didn’t help him follow her. “Um…I don’t see why not. I’ll see if I can make time for that.” He agreed. He really didn’t want her tracking him down in his room. He quite liked his privacy and peace there. “So…your dragon’s name is Country? Why did you name him that?” He asked, a bit curious.

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Sep 8 2017, 09:55 AM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“Ah, well…less like a kid and more…like what you thought I would be more like. Battle hungry, I mean.”

"Well that's weird. How'd he end up like that, and you end up, I don't know, kinda artsy?" Heidi herself was pretty sure a dragon's personality usually was supposed to compliment a rider's personality so, what? Was Lance's dragon meant to push him out of his 'nice guy routine"? Hell if she knew.

“Um…I don’t see why not. I’ll see if I can make time for that. So…your dragon’s name is Country? Why did you name him that?"

Heidi let out a cheer, clapping her hands together, "Yes! I be getting you in a few days to draw Country. What should we be having him do!? I can take a dummy and get him to tear it limb by- Wait, why'd I name him Country?" Heidi have slowly been becoming more and more animated as she spoke, until she was practically acting out her words which usually meant waving around her arms, but at the question, she stopped, tapping her foot rapidly as she thought. "Okay, so, the thing is, I really can't remember why his name was Country. I think though, that I was trying to make him grow to be big when I got him, so I named him Country so he'd have to grow huge to give that name justice. And honestly, I think it worked! What about you? Why's yours called Sonnet? Is it a art thing?"

@Lance Temple
Slayers · 71 Posts
Posted on: Sep 8 2017, 09:19 PM
He's doing his best
“…well I’ve always been an artist. How did you and Country ‘end up’ the way you two are?” The Slayer asked in return. He felt a little sour towards her usage of words. The way she asked the question just rubbed him the wrong way a little bit. Words were things that should be carefully crafted sometimes as the meanings often got jumbled. Intentions don’t mean much when one ear hears words as something else entirely.

“Oh, so he could grow as big as a country?” He tilted his head. Well that was an interesting reason. If anything else it was a unique reason. “It’s not art related. Rather, it’s related to Shakespeare. William Shakespeare wrote 154 sonnets in his lifetime and I’ve read them all. They’re beautifully written little masterpieces. I feel as though they’re under appreciated compared to his other works such as Romeo and Juliet. So I named Sonnet after them.” Lance became far more animated and talkative once the subject happened to turn to Shakespeare. Of course he did. He could talk for hours on end about the Bard of Avon.

“Ah, as for the pose of Country, you have the freedom to chose. He’ll have to remain still in that pose for a long while so perhaps chose one that would bring him more comfort?” Lance suggested. He would rather Country be comfortable as he sketched the dragon. He would also prefer to sketch him just naturally but he didn’t mind a pose. It was a little strange for him, taking commissions. Perhaps he should ask Cedric for some advice. A thought to ponder in the future.

@Heidi Grover
· 0 Posts
Posted on: Sep 12 2017, 12:43 PM
Heidi Grover
Played by · years · ·
“…well I’ve always been an artist. How did you and Country ‘end up’ the way you two are?”

Heidi shugged, clearly not realizing she have irritated Lance with her choice of wording. "Hell if I know. Maybe Country is there to be my opposite because he's boring. Maybe Sonnet is your opposite because he's more of a fighter! Really, I don't know." Heidi really wasn't explaining why she herself ended up how she is, mostly because she herself didn't particularly like the reason. Thus, she wasn't going to bring it up, she didn't want to get upset all over again.

“Oh, so he could grow as big as a country? It’s not art related. Rather, it’s related to Shakespeare. William Shakespeare wrote 154 sonnets in his lifetime and I’ve read them all. They’re beautifully written little masterpieces. I feel as though they’re under appreciated compared to his other works such as Romeo and Juliet. So I named Sonnet after them.”

Heidi blinked, silent for just a second, before she crossed her arms, slightly frowning. "Man, you thought way more on the name than me! That's almost not fair, you know? I can't even change his name 'cause I'm used to Country!" She almost seemed ready to continue complaining before she paused, noting the other parts, like the Shakespeare part, of the conversation. "So you're not just artsy because you draw, you're artsy in general! How'd you read all those poems, actually, better question, how'd you understand them? They're all so weird and have so many words people only used in the past!"

“Ah, as for the pose of Country, you have the freedom to chose. He’ll have to remain still in that pose for a long while so perhaps chose one that would bring him more comfort?”

"Alright, I can do that. I'll just need to think for a day or two. Really, easy!" Heidi actually gave a thumbs up, clearly, in her opinion, showed she knew exactly what she was doing. Maybe her ideas were a little extreme for Country, clawing at the sky was probably a little tiring, but it should be fine! "I'm just going to tell Country about all this! Can't wait to see whatever reaction he got!"

@Lance Temple
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

<% theaffs %>
skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland